Chicken Caesar Pita’s
I wanted something somewhat quick and easy for dinner tonight, and since I have been wanting to try and make these Chicken Caesar Pita’s myself, I thought they would be a great choice. We have a local Mediterranean restaurant and they serve the best Chicken Caesar Pita’s. It is one of my daughter’s favorite places to go when she is in town. It is also close to my work, so sometimes I will call ahead and go pick one of these babies up, and gobble it up on my lunch hour. I wasn’t sure if mine would be as good, but I wanted to give it a try.
Chicken Caesar Pita’s
Here’s what you will need:
2 Boneless Chicken Breast
Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper
Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil or brand of your choice
Leafy lettuce (I used a mixed lettuce blend, from my local Co-op store.)
Caesar Dressing (I used Marie Callender’s)
Parmesan Cheese, shredded
1-2 Tomatoe’s, sliced thinly
6-8 Greek Pita’s
1. Spray or brush each chicken breast with the Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
2. Sprinkle both chicken breast with a good amount of garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. BBQ, Bake, or fry chicken on a skillet. (I BBQ’ed mine in the rain.)
4. Once chicken is done cooking, dice it up and place it in a medium size bowl.
5. Put a good amount of the Caesar dressing in bowl of chicken, and stir well.
6. Add several hand fulls of lettuce to the bowl, and mix well.
7. Add a scoop or two of Parmesan Cheese, and mix well. Add more dressing if needed, and mix again.
8. Heat an electric grill, or skillet. Pour just enough Pompeian Extra Olive Oil in your pan to grease the bottom of it.
9. Place your Pita’s on the pan, heat one side, and then turn it over and heat the other side.
10. Once they are heated through, place a small amount of the chicken caesar mixture down the middle of your Pita, place two sliced tomatoes on top of that, and then roll up your pita. I wrapped mine in foil to keep them all together, but you could also use plastic wrap.
Ryo and I both really liked these! I love that they were so easy to make, and that we had a great tasting dinner in a short amount of time. I would even say that they tasted just as good as our local restaurants! Do you have a favorite recipe that uses pita’s? Share it with me in the comments. I would love to check it out!
Check out my Party Page to see where I am linking up at!