This delightful coffee scrub is beautiful, smells amazing, and is an invigorating spicy treat for the shower. It makes a lovely holiday gift for friends and family. The exfoliating and moisturizing properties of the ingredients make it the perfect addition to any holiday skincare routine.
Why these ingredients?
Sugar is exfoliating, removing dead skin cells and encouraging new cellular growth.
Coffee grounds are also exfoliating, but have a much more exciting role in this scrub. Coffee grounds help stimulate blood flow to the skin and fat layer underneath and are known to help firm skin and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Oil helps replace some of the natural oils in the skin that are washed away with soap when you bathe. They are very important to nourish the skin and maintain optimal health and moisture levels.
Molasses softens, smooths, and brightens skin complexion and helps reduce the appearance of flaws. It is high in magnesium and calcium which are both key nutrients for skin health.
Cinnamon is invigorating, encourages blood flow, and is antimicrobial..
Ginger improves blood flow and circulation and is antimicrobial.
Allspice is another blood mover. It is high in antioxidants helping the skin heal quicker and look more youthful. It is anti-inflammatory which reduces redness and swelling.
Nutmeg is traditionally used to reduce the appearance of scarring on the skin. It is also commonly used for skin issues like eczema and psoriasis in combination with honey.
Gingerbread Cookie Coffee Scrub
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C coffee grounds (use fresh coffee grounds if you are giving this to a friend or expect it to last more than a week. You can use brewed coffee grounds if you are going to use it immediately)
- 3 Tbsp olive, almond or jojoba oil
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp ginger powder
- 1 Tsp allspice
- 1 Tsp nutmeg
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and place them in a lidded jar that can be taken into the shower.
- When in the shower scrub the body in a circular motion to remove dead skin cells, and to moisturize, nourish and rejuvenate the skin.
- Be sure to have good footing in the shower. The oil can cause the floor to be slippery.
- Moisturize when you are through and enjoy your new soft supple skin.