- The first thing you need to do is wash your potatoes. You want them clean.
- Then prick the potatoes with a fork. Pricking the potatoes lets the steam inside escape without bursting the potato…all over the inside of your oven.
- Next rub the potatoes with olive oil.
- Then sprinkle them with a good amount of salt and pepper, and then wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil. I also like to sprinkle mine with garlic powder or garlic salt.
- Place the potatoes in a preheated 425 degree oven and cook for about 45 to 60 minutes or until you can stick a knife into the middle of one of the potatoes with no resistance.
- Serve immediately with plenty of butter, salt, pepper, a dollop of sour cream, and some diced chives.
Baked potatoes are one of my favorites. They can be as a side dish, or a main dish by adding some other toppings. Chili and Cheese, Broccoli and Cheese, Hamburger Gravy poured over the top of them. Delicious!
Do you have a favorite way to eat a baked potato? Share it with me in the comments!