I had forgotten about this yummy Mexican Hamburger Salad, until I spotted it in my recipe box the other day. I don’t know why I haven’t made it in years, because we always liked it. Do you ever have a recipe that you make over and over, and then for some reason you just stop making it? We may have gotten tired of it, or maybe it was just because the kids all left home, and I stopped cooking as much. Whatever the reason was, I was happy to make it for dinner the other night. Ryo doesn’t care for Velveeta cheese, but he still went back for seconds, or was it thirds? I want to experiment with a homemade version of the Velveeta cheese. I just haven’t taken the time to do it. Let me know if you have a recipe for it, and I will give it a try!
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- Cumin, to taste
- 1/2 Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, about 1 tablespoon minced
- 1 pound Velveeta Cheese
- 1 large can diced Tomatoes (I use the italian seasoned tomatoes)
- 1 bag Fritos Corn Chips
- Brown ground beef, cumin, onion, green pepper, and garlic, until done.
- Add velveeta cheese and green chili's, stir well.
- Add can of diced tomatoes, and stir until cheese is melted.
- In a large bowl, break up the head of lettuce, add the diced tomatoes, Frito"s, and cheese. Toss well.
- I like to keep it all separate, and then each person can layer how much they want of each item on their own plate. It works better to do it this way in case you have any leftovers.
(This is the first time I am using the printable plugin. Let me know how you like it!)