You might be ready to break out all the candy canes and peppermint candies in preparation for winter and Christmas recipes. I know I am! You will not want to miss this simple and delicious homemade Peppermint Brownies recipe. You won’t disappoint with yummy brownies with a hint of peppermint.
Peppermint Brownies (Makes 16)
- 1 and ½ stick unsalted butter, softened and cubed
- 1 and ½ cups sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup peppermint bites, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or foil and grease all around with shortening.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar on medium until it is fluffy.
- Turn down the mixer to low and add in the cocoa powder.
- Add in the eggs one at a time while the mixer is still on low.
- Add in the flour and sea salt.
- Using a plastic spatula or spoon, fold in the peppermint bites and baking soda.
- Place brownie mix into the pan and bake for 25 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before slicing.
- Garnish with extra peppermint bites (optional).
What’s your favorite peppermint dessert?