10 Ways to Use Vinegar for Health & Beauty
When you think of vinegar, you probably don’t think of using it in your health and beauty routine, but vinegar is as amazing in this area of your life as it is in other areas. Here are 10 ways you can use vinegar to boost your beauty routine!
1. If dandruff is an issue, try rinsing with a couple cups of apple cider vinegar after you wash your hair. If that is not enough, try also adding a couple tsp of apple cider vinegar to your scalp before shampooing as well.
2. If you use a toner for your face when washing, try saving yourself some money by using plain white vinegar. It works just as well as the expensive stuff in the bottle and costs a lot less.
3. Battling with sun damage and sun spots? Don’t head out to buy expensive treatments before you give apple cider vinegar a try. Just soak a cotton ball and apply to your skin spots. It may take a couple weeks, but they will start to fade if you do this twice a day.
4. A little known secret to making your nail polish last longer is using vinegar. Just dip your nails in some before you apply your favorite polish and give it about 10 minutes to dry. The vinegar will help set the polish more evenly and allow it to stick better as well.
5. If you suffer from oily skin and acne, apple cider vinegar can really help you in this area. Mix equal parts apple cider vinegar with water and apply to your face once daily.
6. Bring back the shine in your locks by using a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to your rinse water.
7. Get rid of those chapped areas of your skin buy mixing equal parts vinegar and hand cream (not lotion) and apply wherever needed such as hands, elbows and knees.
8. It might sound unpleasant, but if you ate a heavy garlic or onion meal and need some breath rescue, try rinsing your mouth out with vinegar. Just gargle some vinegar and water together and banish that garlic breath.
9. Do you get cold sores? Clear them up by drying them out with a dab of vinegar. Just dip a cotton swab in some and dab it on a couple times a day and it will start to dry up much quicker than left on it’s own. The same is true for acne.
10. If you dye your hair and are sick of the color fading after 1-2 weeks, try rinsing your hair with vinegar. Just add 2 tablespoons to your rinse water when you rinse after the initial dye job and a couple times a week after.