You may be spending a lot of time in the care soon. Whether it’s for a family vacation or a trip to see family for the holidays, you don’t want to spend any length of time riding in a stuffy car with an odor. Does your space need a little freshening up? If so, an all natural air freshener is the perfect solution. There is no need to spend big bucks on one, instead, just whip up your own. In just minutes you can make your own DIY all natural air freshener, and enjoy a fresh smelling space all day long. Take a look!
Small glass jar with lid. A mini jelly jar is perfect!
Ribbon or twine
5-7 drops of essential oil
2 teaspoon of baking soda
2 teaspoon of warm water
1. In a small bowl, add your water and essential oils. Stir well.
2. Add in the two teaspoons of baking soda. Stir well until a paste is formed.
3. If you wish, you can add more essential oil at this time to strengthen the scent.
4. Pour the mixture (it will be a paste) into a glass jar and then place the lid on it to retain the scent.
5. When you are ready to use your air freshener, simply take the lid off and secure a piece of thin scrap fabric over the top. Return the lid when not in use.
A great place to put this car air freshener is in a cup holder or side door storage area. As it heats up, the scent will be activated. When your scent starts to vanish, just add a few more drops of essential oil. Not only do the oils in this mixture make your car smell great, the baking soda will help absorb odors from food, kids, and pets.
So what are you waiting for? Give this easy and inexpensive DIY all natural air car freshener a try. It is a great way to make your car smell great for less.